Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today's cake brought to you by....

SPRINGTIME!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, I realize for most it is still the middle of winter, and while we had 20 degree lows a few days ago, most of our winter feels like spring. Neener neener neener. Don't worry, you'll have your sweet revenge as soon as May hits when I'm complaining about the heat!

I really *threw* this cake together. My favorite part of it is the weaving because this is the first time I tried it. It was not as hard as I thought it would be until I started running out of yellow buttercream and didn't have any white left to make more yellow. I am completely unimpressed with the flowers (hey, all but the small purple ones were made within an hour), but I will be getting better tools and practicing more this weekend. Practice makes perfect and I am a looong way off! I really didn't have a design in mind when I created this so that's why you see the flubs on the "handle", and that wierd little flower thing I have going on on the side of the cake. It was fun though, and my coworkers have no complaints. It's the same flavor as my first cake, chocolate fudge with plain buttercream icing (has a faint lemony taste to it due to the lemon extract the recipe calls for).

No comments: